Steve Fillenwarth is a principal in Fillenwarth & Associates practicing almost exclusively family law in Indianapolis, Indiana. Mr. Fillenwarth is also a Certified Public Accountant who brings extensive experience in business and pension valuation, estate planning techniques, and knowledge of complex tax matters relating to divorce and relationship dissolutions to his practice of family law. Mr. Fillenwarth specializes in financially complicated marital estates. He also has extensive experience representing parents and children litigating and negotiating complex child custody and divorce cases.
Mr. Fillenwarth is a co-author of Kleinroch Publishing’s Divorce Taxation. He has also lectured at numerous continuing legal education seminars throughout the United States.
Mr. Fillenwarth is a Certified Family Law Mediator and a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Army Reserve JAG Corps.
- Indiana University, Bloomington, B.S.
- Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, J.D.
- Indiana Bar, 1985
- Indiana Super Lawyers®. Voted one of the top 5% of all lawyers in Indiana by peer selection.
- Distinguished Fellow, Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Association
- Indiana CPA Society
- Divorce Taxation, Co-author
- Tax Aspects of Divorce in Indiana, 2001
- Estate and Tax Planning for Qualified Retirement Plans and IRAs in Indiana, 1998
- Faculty: Divorce Valuations, 2002
- Tax Aspects of Divorce in Indiana, Chair and Faculty, 2001
- Minimizing the Tax Consequences of Divorce in Indiana, Chair and Faculty, 2000
- The ABCs of QDROs, Chair and Faculty, 1999
- Divorce Practice: Problems that Will Trip You Up, Chair and Faculty, 1998
- Indiana Family Law Practice for Paralegals, Faculty, 1997
- The Basic Divorce Case in Indiana, Faculty, 1996
- The Financial Aspects of Divorce, Faculty, 1995
- JAG Officer in the USAR
- Capital Campaign Committee, St. Simon the Apostle Church
- Basketball Coach, St. Simon the Apostle and Tabernacle Presbyterian Church